Last Updated on March 2, 2023 by Sophie Nadeau
Counties in England
East Riding of Yorkshire
Isle of Wight
Tyne and Wear
Regions of England
Each of the counties of England are located within one of the larger sub-regions of England. In total, there are nine official regions of England. Below we’ve listed the regions of England and the counties located within them:
- East of England: Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk.
- East Midlands: Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, and Rutland.
- Greater London: Greater London and City of London.
- North East England: Northumberland, Tyne & Wear and County Durham.
- North West England: Cheshire, Cumbria, Greater Manchester, Lancashire and Merseyside.
- South East England: Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Hampshire, Kent, Oxfordshire, Surrey and West Sussex.
- South West England: Bristol, Cornwall (including the Isles of Scilly), Dorset, Devon, Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire.
- West Midlands: Staffordshire, Warwickshire, Shropshire, Herefordshire, and Worcestershire.
- Yorkshire and the Humber: West Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, the East Riding of Yorkshire and parts of North Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.